When Counseling for Depression Is Necessary
We can feel multiple emotions in a day, varying from happiness to sadness, anger to disgust. And it is something very natural to feel those emotions in a day to day life. But what if you feel one emotion is overpowering the other emotions, and more often it is
1. a feeling of intense sadness,
5. loss of interest in activities,
6. changes in sleep and appetite.
7. Suicidal thoughts.
If these feelings are persistent for two weeks for more with little or no let-up, depression is diagnosed.
Depression is not just an emotional state but it is a condition impacting mind and body simultaneously impacting your social life and professional life. A negative event or a build of negative emotions or stress could lead to depression and sometimes it is more to do with biological condition, not having control of the level of chemicals in their brain that is contributing to the depressive symptoms.
Depression is a condition, and something not to be ashamed of, it is curable, you just need to seek help.
The first step towards dealing with depression is to recognize the feelings of persistent sadness, that is impacting your work and relationships and you see yourself struggling in your life as a result of feeling hopelessness, worthlessness. When you notice these changes take help from, mental health professionals, to get diagnosed.
Severe depression is treated with psychotherapy used by the counselors along with the medications. Mild and moderate depression can be cured with counseling.
Many doubts derive when we think of how counseling will help and how effective it is. To clear some of them, giving an idea of what you can expect from a counseling session.
• A counselor will help you identify the negative depressive thinking pattern so that you can engage less in these patterns and think more realistically.
• A counselor can help you to identify unhealthy methods of trying to deal with your symptoms such as isolation or use of drugs or alcohol and help you to make positive changes in these areas.
• A counselor will help to identify the healthy activities that will help you keep your mood positive.
• Depression impacts a person’s focus and concentration makes it difficult to see problems realistically, lowers energy levels, and is so overwhelming in itself that other things are often ignored. A counselor can help you to effectively use problem-solving thinking during this difficult time.
• A counselor can help you identify your warning signs of depression so that you can recognize them earlier in the future, and help you to put a health plan in place that can decrease the chance of another depressive episode.
• A counselor can help teach some more positive, healthy methods of handling negative thoughts, emotions, and stressors.
If you have a will to get recover surely counseling is the best option for you, it not only helps you identify certain triggers and the ways to handle it but also helps you become more self-sufficient to handle situations in a healthier way. If you need help with the depression BetterLYF is always there for you.