In today’s modern world, our outlook towards the concept of ‘dating’ has evolved. With dating specific apps like Tinder and Happen gaining significant market presence over time, people are growing to accept this aspect of a person’s freedom to make their own choices depending upon their comforts, likes, and preferences.
Let us understand some of the current facts of online dating. As per a survey conducted recently, the following online dating facts were identified:
12 Online Dating Facts As per the survey
1. 61% of individuals who have tried online dating agree that it is easier and more efficient than other ways of meeting people.
2. 30% of singles are open to online dating and 28% have used an online dating service.
3. 31% of online daters agree that online dating keeps people from settling down because they always have options for people to date.
4. Women receive 17 times as many messages as men on dating services.
5. Between 2013 and today, the share of 18 to 24 year olds who use online dating has roughly tripled from 10% to 27%.
6. Women are much less likely than men to initiate contact on a dating service.
7. Generally on a dating service the most attractive men send the most messages.
8. Women are 2.5 times more likely than a man to receive a response if they initiate contact.
9. 33% of women and 20% of men retouch photos for their dating profile. Most do slight tweaking like removing blemishes, whiten teeth, and/or change skin tone.
10. 75% of Millennials (18-33 year olds) who are using online dating are looking for a serious relationship.
11. Between the ages of 20-29, many men indicate a preference for a partner 3-6 years older than themselves.
12. 75% of women and 58% of men said they rather be “alone, successful and happy” then in a disappointing relationship.
I hope these online dating facts gave you more insight into the world of virtual relationships, and how it is totally what you make of it. If you need any help related to dating then you can consider dating counseling by BetterLYF.