Recently actress Sonakshi Sinha in an interview revealed that she while studying in college wanted to walk in the ramp during a fashion show, but a thin girl told her “she is too big to walk the ramp”. Her remarks were “I just really felt bad”
Self-Image is one of the most important aspects to keep up your mental health, and usually, we associate our self-image through the eyes of others, and also through expectations, we set for our self by making an association with the celebrities and social media influencers. Research suggests that higher body dissatisfaction is associated with poorer quality of life, psychological distress, and risk of unhealthy eating behaviors and eating disorders.
We as humans tend to get affected by the world around us, it is completely normal to have a bad image of your body but beating up for it will make you feel worse. You can be kind to yourself and also to other people around suffering the same. Embracing the principles of positivity and acceptance, regardless of any size is an important key to body positivity.
The perception is all that matters. The perception regarding your own self makes a lot of difference. Accepting your body, appreciating your body and respecting it adds up to body positivity. There are few things you can do to boost up your body positivity:
• Admire the beauty of others but avoid comparing yourself with others. Remember you are unique in your own beautiful ways.
• Focus on more appreciating and respecting your body
• Set positive, health-focused goals rather than weight loss-focused goals.
• Remind yourself that many media images are unrealistic and unattainable for the vast majority of people.
• Focus more on your skills, qualities that make you different and special.
• Avoid negative self-talk and encourage positive self-talk.
• Remind yourself that “true beauty” is not simply skin-deep.
At last, it is about us as a whole, not about the appearances we carry.
Think about all that you are instead of all that you are not.
Seeking help is a sign of courage. Don't let self-limiting beliefs hold you back from a life you deserve. Avail online therapy to become happier and better. Learn how