Due to Covid-19, there has been a switch to mass remote working for professionals. This is a massive upheaval for those who can’t currently lean on their commute, work schedule to structure the day.
For many work from home might bring changes like:
– Partners, family members joining them in their work sphere
– Higher scrutiny and micromanaging by superiors
– Feeling untethered from the team
In such chaotic and uncertain times due to covid19, there are some of the things that we can do in order to maintain that sense of stability and continuity and not feel overwhelmed because of this change:
– Get up on time, shower, get dressed. It’s best to maintain a sense of routine just like how you would on a normal day.
– Designate a workspace for yourself which is free of clutter and distractions.
– Schedule a time for all the tasks that you have.
– At the end of the day, put the laptops away, turn off the news, log out of social media and connect with loved ones or de-stress with music, book, art, calling a friend.
For a lot of couples, working with their partners might be uncharted territory. This is a time of discovering the professional in your partner, knowing their work life.
If both partners have different working styles then being together for 9 hours can bring up unexpected frustration and triggers in a relationship like if one partner needs quiet and a noise-free environment and the other is used to having music in the background then it can lead to disturbance.
Set a time to plan separate workspaces, timings, breaks to make to navigate this period and build connections after work hours.
Read more related to Coronavirus Pandemic
Seeking help is a sign of courage. Don't let self-limiting beliefs hold you back from a life you deserve. Avail online therapy to become happier and better. Learn how