Ishi

Ishi

Masters in Applied Psychology

English
Hindi

Online

(Call,Video,Chat)

“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Approach

My approach is to get to know each other and then work through the most pressing challenges and then eventually uncover the unconscious thoughts and feelings that might be contributing to them. I believe in the philosophy of “Choose your hard”. Life will keep on throwing challenges, we can choose the challenge and path that will help us grow.

Her Thoughts on Counseling

If you find the right match for you, counseling can be like a breath of air when you’re drowning in the deep end of the ocean. But it takes time to build that relationship just like any other relationship in life. It requires time, patience, persistence, and a little bit of faith in yourself and in the process.

Why I Chose Counseling?

From my quarter-life experience, I have learned that we spend most of our lives in the dark, without knowing who we are, or understanding our emotions, and blindly trying to follow the “right path”. In this tug of war, we often end up losing ourselves. I chose counseling to help those like me hold onto these tiny pieces of themselves and build a new foundation, which is stronger and healthier.

Therapy Style

My therapeutic style is whatever you want it to be. I believe that we’re all wired differently and my goal will be to help you untangle those wires, get to the core and start rewiring one by one using a blend of all therapeutic styles tailored to fit your needs. An eclectic approach using a blend of different therapeutic styles such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Person-centered counseling, Solution-focused therapy, gestalt therapy, and others can help in assisting the holistic growth you are looking for.

Concerns Close To My Heart

I’ve spent most of my conscious years trying to find out who I am and I believe that the hardest and yet the easiest thing one could do is find themselves in this beautiful mess of a world. Constantly learning about what works for us and unlearning what doesn’t is a lot of work but it’s definitely worth it! I like to work with my clients on Challenges around Self-esteem, family, relationship, work and motivation, mild depression, and anxiety.

How I Handle Stress

Well, if I’m being honest, 90% of the time I light up a candle, put on some good music, and take a really long nap. And for the other 10%, I try to meet up with friends, go for long walks or spend some time alone staring at the sky, contemplating everything life and beyond.



Scroll to Top