It is a common scenario nowadays that both the partners in the household are working and are financially independent. In the hustle bustle of daily life, the balance between work and home becomes hard to strike when both partners have to juggle between the household responsibilities as couples and parents and their roles as professionals in the workplace.Parents are guides, teachers, protectors and providers to their children. Playing so many roles at the same time can be both wonderful as well as a challenge. Sometimes in the process of juggling between the demands of work and taking care of the child, it is natural to feel burdened.
Some of the challenges faced by working parents are:
- No Couple Time- In a household where both partners are working, it gets difficult to spend quality time with one's spouse. There is no time to even discuss how each other's day went. As soon as one arrives home there is dinner to be taken care of, home works to be finished and other prior commitments.
- Time Management
- Disturbance in Sleep- Be it late PPT preparations or an unwell child and other various factors, it takes a huge toll on sleep patterns of working parents. There's constantly some worry keeping them up at night.
- Productivity at Work
- No Personal Time- As both partners try to juggle various responsibilities; it leaves no time to pursue one's own interests, hobbies, and passions.
At times like that one can:
- Reach out to family and friends who might be able to help out when things are going tough
- Take time to nurture the love as a couple - As parents the relationship between the two partners might take a back seat so it is important to rekindle from time to time